Teaching & Learning Interactive
Teaching & Learning Interactive (TLI) is dedicated to the design, development, delivery, and support of innovative educational products and services that meet the instructional goals at Carolina.
TLI comprises two interrelated groups:
- The Instructional Multimedia team creates interactive content that supports the educational goals of University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill faculty and students. Examples include: Flash animation, video production, custom graphics, and instructional design services.
If you or others in your school or department have creative ideas about enhancing instruction through multimedia, we want to talk to you! Fill out this brief project request form or email Megan R. Bell (firstname.lastname@example.org) today.
- The Learning Management Support team supports technologies that provide online access to University instructional materials and course content. Examples include the Blackboard Course Management System and the Sakai Course Management System.
We are currently developing a LMS User Group to share innovations, resources, and best practices across campus departments and schools. We'll have more details on how to join the group shortly - all are welcome! Email Kim Eke (email@example.com) to be included.
TLI products and services enrich the Carolina academic environment and provide tangible benefits:
- Faculty can focus on teaching and research, because ITS-TLI manages tasks associated with product creation and support.
- University funds remain on campus in direct support of the University’s academic mission.
- Original, effective faculty-authored instructional multimedia enhances the learning experience.
- Students have access to educational products that are instructionally sound and with the potential to increase knowledge retention and transfer.